About Me

My photo
Luray, Virginia
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Pierced Ears!

Last week, Kadence finally reached her long awaited, hard earned goal of 50 points! This meant she could choose to do something special. After sifting through many ideas, and brainstorming all the possible ways to spend her points, she finally made a decision. She wanted to get her ears pierced!

And boy was this girl excited about it! Lately, Kadence has been working hard on facing her fears and self empowerment, so I was especially proud of her for wanting to do something, that in the past she said she would, "never ever EVER EVER do".

We decided to make it a family night out. So we piled into the car and drove to the Mall. I was nervous. I got my ears pierced when I was 16 and I remember it hurting. And Kadence was SO fearless and brave, it was unnerving. Well, I had nothing to worry about. She picked out her cute little flower earrings.....held my hand.....and VOILA! Beautiful pierced ears. No tears. All smiles!

Before

After

Pierced Ears!

Toting her, "I just go my ears pierced" bag.

We went out to dinner and she ate two plates of shrimp (her favorite) to celebrate!

It was a wonderful day and a special memory for us to share as a family!
And now, my husband has one more girl to buy jewelry for. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment