About Me

My photo
Luray, Virginia
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Three Things My Kids Fight About

 Most of the time, my kids get along wonderfully. Infact, I am pretty sure that in this stage of life, they are eachother's best friend. They play pretend, read stories, share adventures outside, and enjoy coloring and making crafts together. There is usually more laughter than tears. And there is usually more playing than fighting. When confict does arrise, it is always over the most silly and arbitrary matters. And there are certain things I can always count on to cause conflict.

So, here are three ridiculous battles that never seem to end.

 
Battle of the Toys. There must be some kind of rule that says, whatever toy the other person has, is the ONLY one that you could possibly want. The rule must also say that as soon as you get that toy, it is rendered completely useless and you no longer want it.

Battle of the Seats/Chairs. "I want to sit in the middle!" "I want to sit by Mom!" "It's myyyyyyyy turn!" "Nu uh, you got to laaaast time!" This lovely chorus permeates every sit down meal, and every car ride. I've tried many strategies when dealing with this issue. Assigned seating doesn't work, because no one will ever be happy with their assigned seat. I tried putting them on a rotating schedule. But, no one can ever agree on who's turn it actually is. My new plan of attack? I think I will just get rid of all seating and chairs in my life. They can eat on the floor, and ride on the roof. Because honestly, it seems more reasonable than starting World War III every time we need to sit down.

Battle of the Vitamins. Yes, that's right my kids fight about vitamins. To be more precise, they fight about who got "the best color" (it changes daily).....who got a better shape (they all look the same to me)....or who's animal can beat up the other one's animal. Why the vitamin makers had to get all creative and make such a variety of colors and shapes I will never know. If there is a kid's vitamin out there that are all one color, one shape and one flavor, please share this information with me. Immediately! Because if I have to hear someone crying about how, "My vitamin is worse than your vitamin", one more time......



So, tell me. What do your kids fight about?

1 comment:

  1. First of all I have to say that I love your blog design!!! My kids always fight over who gets to take the clothes out of the washing machine?!?!?!? Not sure why that is a huge thing, but to them it is BIG!

    ReplyDelete