About Me

My photo
Luray, Virginia
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, March 19, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Fun

This year, since my husband was working we spent St. Patrick's day with my best friend and her adorable kiddos. To make it even more of a party, we got to have three of our other friend's kids join in the fun while she had a much needed date night out with her hubby. So, if you're keeping track, that's my three kids, plus two kids, plus another three kids. That gave us a grand total of 8 kids, all under the age of 7, 4 of them still in diapers. Sheeewy. Are we crazy or what? But, with some awesome ideas from Pinterest and some great free printables I found online, I think the kids all had a fun time. And as for my bestie and I.....well, we survived. :)

Here is Felecia and I with our little ones. Just wait....there are more kids on the way.



They all ended up winning prizes!


I also printed off some coloring sheets from family fun's website and found a great word search here: http://preservingwonder.com/2012/03/st/



The big event of the night was a treasure hunt! I found the printable clues here:
I also used rolo candies to leave a trail of "gold nuggets".





Treasure!!!!




Finally, what's a party without cake?
This cake was fun to make and simple to decorate using only tinted green frosting, green sprinkles and green M&Ms


They all had a blast! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

And now for a behind the scenes look at what it felt like from the viewpoint of a mom, juggling babies, diapers, bottles, crying, candy and GREEN cake covered children.......


Hehehehehehe! Thanks for hosting us Felecia!




2 comments:

  1. I was waiting on pictures of the big night! I love that Emily is clinging to Elliot in all of them and Caroline, no shirt? hahaha...they all look like they had a blast! Thanks to both of you and your families for giving us a night out. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, that last picture is so classic! Love it.
    Good job you two, I'm impressed:)

    ReplyDelete