About Me

My photo
Luray, Virginia
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Happy Hunting!

Growing up, I LOVED Easter egg hunts. I am convinced that some of my earliest memories consist of searching for bright and shiny, candy filled eggs. I remember the anticipation before the hunt, the pep talk from my overly competitive father, and the wet grass blooming with pastel treasures! I remember the commercial hunts, surrounded by crowds of other children with eager grins on their merciless faces. Then there was the home hunt, in our yard of grass so high, it threatened to swallow me up in it's dewy blades. Easter morning, the hunt involved real eggs, and was always the most challenging of all, especially searching for the highly coveted golden egg. Although, you could always count on one egg, predictably hidden in Grandpa's old shoe. And finally the countless afternoon hunts with cousins and family spent hiding the eggs over and over until we could hunt no more.

And now, as a parent I get to relive the challenge and competition of Easter egg hunting with my own children. It is glorious. Today marked the first egg hunt of the season. The town hosts this wonderful event every year, and we never miss it! I'm sure that someday my children will look back at these memories fondly and remember the anticipation, the pep talks from their overly competitive mother, and the wet grass blooming with colorful treasures!

Ready.....set.....GO!

Amelia's first Easter Egg Hunt!

Yay!!! Eggs!!!
Mid-Hunt Tantrum....

Okay I'm better, now back to finding eggs!

 

Now It's time for the pros.....


Ready....set....GO!!


Chaos and glory!

My sweet uncompetitive son.              Kadence with her overflowing bag!

 
 
Happy kids, happy mom, happy hunting friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment